Hi everyone! We are so excited to announce the start of our Thanksgiving Series here on the blog. From now until Thanksgiving, we will be sharing our favorite Thanksgiving recipes, perfect for any gathering, big or small. Stressed about all your loved ones coming over for a feast? Don’t worry! We’ll walk you through dinner, dessert, and everything in between. Also, don’t forget to check out our Thanksgiving Series from last year, which includes melty mac and cheese, delectable pecan pie, and hearty green bean casserole. You also can search “Thanksgiving Series” on the search box to pull up all of our best Thanksgiving recipes in one place.
To kick off this year’s series, we’re showing you how to make an easy and festive cocktail, a Pomegranate Mule. Prepare these ahead of time and have them ready as your guests arrive for a fun and delicious Thanksgiving kickoff. This also gives your guests a chance to mix and mingle over drinks while you are busy in the kitchen!
I am a huge fan of traditional Moscow Mules, which usually include vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. They have a hint of spice from the ginger beer which is the perfect complement to the sweetness and tartness of the lime. These mules mix things up with the addition of Sparkling Pomegranate Juice, which I found at Trader Joe’s. I also garnished them with fresh pomegranate seeds for a holiday-inspired appeal. Additionally, I added Old Fashioned Bitters (available at BevMo and many grocery stores) for a zesty kick. Cheers!
Makes one serving
- 2 oz ginger beer (ginger ale will work fine if you cannot find the beer)
- 2 oz Sparkling Pomegranate Juice (or regular Pomegranate juice)
- 1.5 oz Grey Goose vodka
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 5-8 dashes of bitters, depending on your preference
- fresh pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Do not shake- simply stir with a spoon to combine. Pour over ice and garnish with pomegranate seeds and a lime wedge.