Hi there! Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for what I like to call, Grown-Up Granola Bars. This nutrient-packed snack is so easy, with just a few ingredients and no baking required. They make a great mid-day snack that feels like a guilty pleasure without all the added sugar and calories. I know kids and adults will equally enjoy them. The agave and vegan chocolate chips sweeten them up but don’t be fooled! They are also full of a lot of protein and fiber. Let’s get started!
NO BAKE GROWN-UP GRANOLA BARS (VEGAN)
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (can also use creamy almond butter)
- 1/2 cup agave (can also use honey if you are not vegan)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips, like these
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, like the one found here
- parchment paper
- 9×13 baking pan
- Measure out the agave(1/2 cup) and sunflower seed butter (1 cup).
2. Mix the agave and sunflower seed in a small pot over low heat until combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, prepare a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. Spray the corners of the pan with nonstick spray so the parchment paper sticks to the pan.
5. Mix the mini chocolate chips and the oats together in a large bowl.
6. Pour the agave-sunflower seed butter mixture in with the oats and mix until evenly combined.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down with the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle shredded coconut over mixture.
8. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Lift the parchment paper out of the pan and lay flat. Cut the mixture into bars with a knife. Enjoy!